Minton Tiles in The Cavendish Arcade
1st August 2013
The Cavendish Arcade, Buxton is situated to the right of The Crescent. It was originally designed as a Thermal Bath in 1854. Part of the exterior was altered during the 1920s and some beautiful early 20th glass was installed. The inside is largely intact.
In 1987 the building was developed as “The Cavendish Arcade” and more recently, a large stained glazed roof has been installed. The arcade still has the original plunge bath (with hoist chair!) in situ. The building was almost entirely tiled inside and most of the wonderful original Minton tiling is intact.
Posted in News by Laura.