9th June 2014
In 1858, William Morris, Charles Faulkner and Philip Webb went to Paris together to study the art and architecture of the city. After spending time sketching Notre Dame Cathedral, they spent the next few days rowing down the Seine.
It was at this time that Morris and Webb discussed their plans for a house for William and Jane Morris. This building was designed in 1859 and called Red House.
This picture is taken from a water taxi travelling at speed – very different from how Morris, Faulkner & Webb travelled the same river!