2nd September 2013
Red House was designed in 1859 by the architect Philip Webb, for William Morris and his wife, Jane. Morris, who worked as an architect after leaving Oxford, was actively involved with the design process. The Morris family loved the house. William and Jane Morris’s two children Jane (“Jenny”) and Mary (“May”) were born during the five years that the family lived in the house. Red House is a very beautiful, historic house and is now a Grade 1 listed building which belongs to the National Trust.
The garden of the Red House is also a very important feature and has many fruit trees and traditional flowers, including flowers such as lavender which has always been a favourite of mine ….
Laura’s Beau Exclusive Design Lavender